Laminate Care Guidelines
Laminates are specially designed to be easy-care, low maintenance floors. Following these general guidelines will help maintain their strength and prolong their beautiful appearance.
- Do dust-mop and vacuum your floor frequently, especially in high-traffic areas; only use a vacuum with a soft bristle brush.
- Do keep pets’ nails trimmed and their paws free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil, and stains.
- Do use protective window coverings to block fade-causing UV rays and excessive heat from direct sunlight, and rearrange rugs and furniture periodically to help your floor age evenly.
- Do remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on floor.
- Do avoid exposure to water as much as possible during inclement weather.
- Do not wet-mop or clean your floor with water or other liquid; for slightly damp maintenance, lightly spray laminate cleaner on a duster and wipe dry immediately.
- Do not use any type of cleaning machine such as spray mops, steam cleaners/mops, power cleaners or buffing machines.
- Do not use wax, polish, oils, soaps, detergents, shine enhancers, varnish, silicon or ammonia to clean floor.
- Do not use harsh cleaning aids such as steel wool pads, any scouring pads containing metal or scouring powders.
- Do not use 2-in-1 cleaners with polish that may contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss.
A Clean Routine
- Vacuum or sweep with a soft-bristle broom regularly, especially before using floor cleaners, to prevent gritty dirt and particle buildup that can scratch the floor’s surface.
- Don’t use vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head.
- Wipe up spills and spots immediately with Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Hardwood & Laminate Flooring Cleaner applied directly to a clean white cloth.
- Carefully remove stubborn stains such as paint, oil, markers, lipstick and tar with an acetone-based fingernail polish remover.
- Use ice to harden tough substances such as candle wax or chewing gum and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card.
- Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface.
- Wipe area clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
We Bring Carpeting and Flooring to You
Call Today: 816-741-0157
Serving Parkville, Kansas City North, Lake Waukomis, Kansas City, Platte City, St. Joseph
Johnson County, Jackson County, Clay County and
all of Greater Kansas City in Missouri and Kansas.
|Copyright Flooring Direct of KC. 239 NW North Shore Dr., Kansas City, MO 64151|